Your teeth can be beautifully aligned in half the time of traditional braces, without brackets, wire, or any metal at all. Great Smile Dental is a preferred provider of Invisalign® invisible braces. From a conversational distance, people won’t know you’re wearing them.
What Is Invisalign?
A series of customized, clear plastic aligners are made to gradually move your teeth to the correct position.
The Invisalign Process
We will examine your teeth, take three-dimensional images of them, and take pictures and impressions of them. He will make a detailed treatment plan for moving your teeth to the correct position. We will also show you a representation of how your teeth will move during treatment. The information gathered will be sent to the Invisalign laboratory to produce a series of clear aligners, uniquely made for you.
When the aligners are ready, the first set will be placed on your teeth. We will check them for proper fit. You will wear the aligners for two weeks, after which you will switch to the next set of aligners. When you first put each new set of aligners on, they won’t properly fit, but that’s because they are molded into the next position to which your teeth will move. After a few days of wearing a new set of aligners, they will feel more comfortable, but you still need to wear them for the entire two weeks to allow your teeth time to adjust to the new position.
Every six to eight weeks, you will return to our office to check your progress and make any needed adjustments. After you have worn all of the aligners, you will have the beautifully aligned smile you want.
The pictures below show how easy it is to place the aligners on your teeth—and they are truly invisible.
How Invisalign Compares with Traditional Braces
- The aligners are much more comfortable than traditional braces.
- The movement of your teeth is more precise than with traditional braces.
- They require fewer checkup visits.
- You can maintain better oral hygiene, because you remove them to eat, and to brush and floss your teeth. You have the anility to eat whatever you want.
- Treatment time is about half that of traditional braces. The average treatment time is one year.
- They are clear, so from a conversational distance, people can’t tell you’re wearing them.
- You can take them off, but you must be diligent about wearing them for the specified amount of time each day.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Our Preferred Provider status means that we have successfully treated many patients with Invisalign. If you are interested in transforming your smile with this treatment, contact us to schedule an appointment for an exam. If you have any questions you can request a complimentary consultation. (D9310)